What's the result?
Tested throughput capacity
Bottlenecks or resource issues that reduce performance are identified
Recommendations and plan for system optimization
Stages of work
- Definition of testing goals and requirements;
- Defining usage scenarios;
- Defining performance metrics: throughput, response time, resource utilization, and others.
Preparing the test environment
- Setting up the infrastructure, if necessary: deploying servers, setting up the network and other components required for testing;
- Recording scripts: Recording system usage in the form of scripts or scenarios.
- Configuration of test scenarios: Configuration of usage scenarios based on the required loads such as number of users, time between requests and volume of data;
- Test run;
- Monitoring and data collection.
Analyzing results and making changes
Making changes and re-testing if necessary: after making the necessary changes to the system, we will run a second load test to evaluate the effectiveness of the changes made.